Tuesday, July 24, 2007

THE WEEKEND THAT WASN'T

Well it was a busy weekend in the Salt City, what with both the Syracuse Nationals and the Empire State Brewing and Musical Festival. Now Saul would have loved to have attended one of the top Brewfests in the nation, right here in my backyard, but alas, it costs money. Money that the Saultan just didn't have, and let's just say being one of the top 43 Syracuse blogs was not enough to garner a free pass for the event. Facist pigs! We did however hit up the newly opened Empire Brewery, for a splendid Heffeveizzen and a fine Golden Ale and the Suds Factory (scathing rant about this place coming soon) for a robust Veizzen and a flavorful enough Black Cherry. But I'm not here to talk about beer? I'll leave that to the gang over at Beerjanglin', they know what they're talking about. Well, sort of. No, I am here to talk about the Syracuse Nationals. No, not the now defunct basketball team that once resided in our fair city, but rather the parade of classic automobiles that passes through our neck of the woods every year. Okay, so I didn't actually attend this either, but I did see some of these classic pieces of metal roaming the streets, and lucky for you I was able to snap a few picks:
The vintage el camino:

The classic pinto:

The Family Truckster:





And of course the super charged Yugo:


So there, I think we painted a pretty good picture of this past weekend in the Salt City!

No comments: